In 2010, the Cannes Yacht Club celebrates 150 years of existence.
This is largely due to the yachting that “Cannes pretty” qualified in 1896 for “Cowes Mediterranean” by the Prince of Wales, later Edward VII, became the flagship of the socialite known worldwide, and it was only after the war that cinema has taken over as the main driver of this fact.
Located at the tip of the Croisette our activities are organized on an area of about 600 meters with offices for administrative and sporting part, changing rooms and toilets, school Sailing Competition and the clubhouse with his bar, its local reception and restaurant. This position is ideal and corresponds to the expectations related to the vocation of the Club.
Adjacent part of the Port of Mouré Red, the club has the opportunity to offer its members one of the 130 berths which he is using as part of an agreement binding the Association to the city of Cannes for all of its facilities.
The e maritime site is especially appreciated by our competitors because they have two lakes, the bay east and west harbor, in a context marked by the presence of two beautiful islands Saintes Marguerite and Saint Honorat, which allows navigation in weather conditions varied.
For these reasons many international champions choose the Cannes Yacht Club as a training site. In 2010 it is the France team of Star that was present in Cannes to complete his training.